We had some delightful company from Ireland visiting! It was a lot of fun to visit with them. I did get a little bit of sewing done when they went to be tourists in Vancouver! But, I’ve also spent a LOT of time moving into my new sewing room. Yes, I’ll show you pictures when I have things where I want them. I did sort through ALL my fabric … and I have a ton of it ready to go out … I mentioned it on our guild’s FB page and a few people have showed interest in it. I just need to get organized and get it to them!
I did manage to sew up three little bags. The white fabric is “colouring fabric.” My daughter gave the plain, uncoloured rectangles to a couple of little girls. They came for dinner the other night and I had them pick out zippers. It was lots of fun to watch them pick out the colours they liked, with no regards to the finished project! They just picked out what they liked! Perfect! I stitched their initials on the tabs. It was a fun way to stitch them!
I finished the bags (above) and am working on a secret project, that I will show you when it’s time!
Nothing being quilted at the moment – but I have 2 quilts ready to sandwich!
The little bags used up about 1.5 yards. I’m not going to count the fabric that I’m giving away. Although, I should weigh it and estimate the yardage. That would make my numbers look GREAT! However, it’s not “using” the fabric, so it wouldn’t really fit into my personal method of keeping track of my stash… darn!
- Fabric Used this week 1.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 115.1 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 57.05
- Net Fabric used 58.05
- Husband’s Purchases 9.5
- January – May: 149 out of 170
- July – 19 out of 21
- Year-to-date: 168 out of 191 = 88%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
No further UFOs finished … no new starts finished (except for the zipper bags, which I didn’t count – they just happened!)
I was featured at:
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- So Scrappy Saturdays @ So Scrappy
- Let’s Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Finished or Not Friday @ Busy Hands Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- TGIFF @ Jen’s Faith and Fabric