Yes, you read that correctly! I have a finish. YEAH!!!!
This is an old UFO … from 2008. It was a class at Wineberries Quilt store with Jane Norquay teaching. It was a Japanese star stack and whack class. It was a fantastic class to take and it was so good to cut out the huge star pieces in the classroom … If I remember correctly, Jane helped each one of us to ensure we had the perfect cut. Yes, it did take a lot of fabric (we needed 8 repeats) and we all used Japanese fabric. I just loved the teal/pink in the main fabric. but it was hard to find coordinating fabrics. The pink is a fairy frost from Michel Miller and the teal in the border is a Moda marble.
Here are some close-ups of the centre of the star and the 4 corner stars:
I struggled big time with quilting this. It wasn’t until the very end that I finally discovered that the difficulty was the thread. My machine (and now I) definitely do NOT like YLI 40 wt verigated thread. After numerous thread breaks and weird stitching, and lots of visiting with my seam ripper, I finially switched to an Aurifil thread of a similar colour and had NO further problems! The rest of the YLI spool went into the trash bin.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- TGIFF @ Pretty Piney