Two finishes for September. Both of them are UFOs! I must be liking easy and square pieces!
I now have 8 projects that need to be completed by the end of the year. I’m hoping it’s do-able! I’m thinking that it is! But I’d best get down to sewing if I’m going to get them all done!
Here’s how other participants in PHD in 2018 are doing:
- Kate from “Life in Pieces” is doing well with her 15 minutes of stitching a day! She’s maintaining an over 90% average! Way to go Kate!
- Ann from “Laughing Gas Quilts” continues to make me giggle and laugh! Check out her post on scraps (HERE). Edit: Ann’s updated post is up and you need to go and read about her awesome progress on her PHD in 2018.
- Emily from “the Darling Dogwood” has been working on her PHD and recently finished another quilt for Project Linus. It’s super cute … she used Kate Spain fabrics, but it could easily be made with scrappy …
- Deena from Dreamworthy Quilts has a Peaceful Country quilt that looks very nice!
- Roseanne, from “Home Sewn By US” has been making wonderful table runners out of blocks that were intended for a quilt! Pretty neat idea! And she only has 3 UFOs to go!!! WooHoo!
- Elizabeth, from “Appliqué and …. knitting, stitchery, genealogy, food” has been knitting … might be easier than digging out her sewing paraphernalia! 🙂
- Terry, my cousin from Ontario, hasn’t posted for awhile. I know she’s had a LOT going on in her life, so I’ll give her leeway for now! Her blog is TLC Quilts: Sew What’s Next?
- Susan, from California, is following along by Instagram. Go to her Instagram page to see her finishes.
I looked at my Design Wall list from my Sept.3 post … 2 of the items got finished (Sept. finishes). The table runner still needs binding and the Fireburst mystery is still in progress (but Sept.’s work is done on it!)
Today my Design wall includes a secret project (Christmas project for work), the same table runner that still needs batting, and I need to sandwich and quilt the Wonky Log Cabin. Hmmm … the table runner isn’t even on my UFO list (although it is a UFO) but both the Christmas project and the Wonky Log are new projects.
SEW, I just looked at my UFO list … I do need to finish the border on the “Sea Shell” quilt. That’s enough things to tackle this week!
My secret Christmas project involves using one, or both of these fabrics. SEW, since they co-ordinate, I bought ½ yard of each. Sew … that will be in my “Added this week” amount.
The Sudoku Quilt used 6.5 yards of fabric
- Fabric Used this week: 6.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 215.6 yards
- Fabric Added this Week: 1 yard
- Fabric Added this Year: 77.3 yards
- Net Fabric Used for 2018: 138.3 yards
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Moving it Forward Monday @Em’s Scrapbag
- Main Crush Monday @Cooking up Quilts
- Linky Tuesday @ Free Motion by the River