Today, I left my sister alone with her husband and went shopping. My sister wants to quilt and has signed up for a class later in the spring. I didn’t bring everything with me, so I went to Dollarama and bought what I figure she needs. And of course, I will use them while I’m here! (wink, wink)
- A flannel back table cloth makes a great design wall. I usually put it on the bed and design there. A bonus is that you can fold it up and it will store your layout for you. If the flannel gets so it doesn’t stick very well, a quick spray with 505 Fabric Spray Adhesive helps make it more sticky.
- The hair clips can be used to clip units together or hold the binding in place. I have some that I put numbers on with a sharpie and they can be used to “label” rows or whatever.
- The spray bottle is to either dilute Best Press (half & half with water) or to use with water. I use a dry iron, but sometimes a little moisture is what you need to get rid of a crease. And yes, I did buy her some unscented Best Press – but not at the dollar store, so it’s not in the picture.
- The shelf liner is to put under her foot pedal to keep it from travelling. And, I will cut 2 small pieces (~ 2″ x 3″) to put under my hands when I am free motioning.
- The hair thingies (?pony tail holders?) are great for putting around a bobbin to keep the thread from going everywhere. I match the bobbin thingy with the thread thingy and then I can tell at a glance which thread goes with which bobbin.
To see what other’s in the quilting world are working on – click on the following links:
- WIPs on Wednesday @ Esther Quilt Blog
- Let’s Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Linky Tuesday @ Free Motion by the River