Disaster is Fixed!

In my last post, I talked about how a label ran and I ended up cutting it out.  You can see pictures of it here.   We used scissors to cut, so the edges are a little jagged and not straight. img_0072

I really didn’t want to do a set-in seam with top, batting and back, so I decided to make a straight edge.  All stitching was taken out about 3/4″ from the edge.  I then whip-stitched the batting triangle to the original batting. Next, a background (white) triangle and a backing triangle were sewn onto the quilt.  Elmer’s glue was used to sandwich the triangle to prevent future shifting.  The triangle was squared to match the quilt … and I was smiling!

 

The first steps were done! (I find that sometimes they are the hardest steps to take!)

A new label was made, glued and ironed into place, then sewn down. I then quilted it from the top. (Sorry, I didn’t get a picture of me quilting it.)

 

Finally, the binding was attached.  I attempted to do it the way a blog reader suggested, but on the third try, I decided to unstitch more of the binding, joining it in my usual manner.  By this time, I was really smiling because it was almost done. img_1431

Grandma’s Fabric: Quilt 6 is now fixed and completed.  I will post a picture of the completed quilt once it’s washed and hanging in the sunshine!

To see what others are working on wander over to these blogs:

Hope your quilting avoids disaster!

Gail

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “Disaster is Fixed!

  1. Pingback: Grandma’s Fabrics … # 10 is done! | Quilting Gail

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s